Welcome to another exciting year for Kempner Athletics. It takes dedication, commitment, hard work, and personal sacrifice for our student / athletes to reach their goals. Our 2017-2018 athletes are already working hard and are ready to compete – let the games begin!
The Kempner Athletic Booster Club (KABC) supports our athletes as they strive for success in competition, academics, and life, our purpose is to support their efforts by raising funds to ensure they have the necessary facilities and equipment to be successful. Our Kempner Athletes rely on your support as parents, coaches, administrators, businesses, and individuals to raise these mush needed funds. Additionally, the Kempner Athletic Booster Club is a not for profit IRS 501c-3 organization and part or all of your support can be considered as a charitable contribution (please check with your tax advisor).
We want to recognize and THANK the businesses and sponsors who have advertised in this year’s program. Your support is invaluable to Kempner Athletics as we strive to be the best in District 20-6A and the State of Texas. We appreciate your generous support and encourage all of Cougar Nation to patronize your businesses.
With the limited available FBISD budget, Kempner Athletic Booster Club (KABC) provides non-budgeted equipment for our athletes, Contributions from last year’s campaign supported over 600 athletes from 14 athletic programs. Some of last year’s endeavors we funded were:
- Sports scholarships – best male and female athlete of the year – $ 500 each
- Football video editing software
- Football 4 Pregame meals
- Basketball – Boys Uniform Updates
- Basketball – Girls Housing for Tournament in Corpus Christi
- Volleyball – Training Equipment
- Cross Country – Timing Bibs for 4th annual Cougar Classic CC Meet.
- Concessions for Volleyball, Girls Basketball
- Golf program – team tournament green fees, practice range fees
- Softball varsity and junior varsity new audio system for field
- Provided hospitality rooms for coaches and officials at various athletic events
- Baseball – Housing for Tournament in Corpus Christi
- Cheer – replaced practice mats
Join us in our ongoing efforts to ensure a successful experience for our Kempner High School athletes by joining KABC today. We raise funds through membership, merchandise sales, concessions, donations, and other activities, Cougar Nation includes YOU and by joining KABC today, you can become part of this excitement as we work to build on the Kempner Athletic tradition. Hopefully, you will take this opportunity to help us support the student / athletes at Kempner High School and help us keep the COUGAR NATION STRONG!!!!
You can join the Booster Club here
President Bob Berry
Vice President Bill Weldon – Email: wtweldon@earthlink . net
Treasurer Tyra McCollum
Secretary Judy Cantu Thacker